Wednesday 14 September 2011

First Christmas Card!!

Well it was about time I made a start really now wasn't it??  I decided to break myself in gently and keep it quite simple, just focasing in the gorgous image from Tickled Pink and colour.  This is the digital verson of 'Lil Victorian Steampunk Lolita Evie' and I thought she would look great coloured up like this.  I used the largest of my new nesties (Labels 4) and placed it so that the bottom edge of the dress wouldn't be cut off.  I like the contrast this gives. She is mounted on red and green card from my stash.    I also used a chipboard bookplate from Tando Creations and painted it green.... I then used a couple of my copic markers to give it some depth but unfortunatly that doesn't really show in the photo.    This is then finished off with 2 emerald colour brads, a simple sentiment and some red ribbon.
I now feel ready to tackle some more christmas cards and even a few gifts!!!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges



Take care and happy crafting xxxx

5 comments:

  1. This is beautifully CAS! love the colors & perfect sentiment. Thanks so much for playing at TPSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous coloring job on the dress! Love that you did the card in red & green so it has a Christmas feel to it. Thanks for playing at Cooking It Up this week. Hope to see you again each week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trudie, I love your card. Great colors, love the stamp, too.

    Thanks for sharing.
    DigiDarla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colouring, thanks for cooking it up with katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW Trudie, this are just gorjuss, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete