Tuesday 10 July 2012

Hexagons at My Mum's Craft Shop


Hello peeps.   I am well behind today..... I had to have injections for my asthma again today and since getting home from the hospital I have been sound asleep.... its a side effect of the drugs.  But I am here now, all be it in bit of a fuzzy mess but its way past time to show you what I have been up to.

This week I have used one of my new dies.  Its the hexagons from die-namics.

Die-namics Hexagons
I have used these with my favourite papers of the moment.  They are the stella-del-mare collection from Serafina.  

I made a simple 'thanks' card.  I say simple.... its very straight forward but it does take a bit of time.

I finished this off with one of the co-ordinating stickers.

I also then went on to make a coaster,


I started this by deciding on the patter I wanted and then cut all the pieces out.

I built the pattern up on the plain pink paper trying to keep an even gap between each hexagon.  (not as easy as it sounds!!)  Once the paper was covered and dried I glued it to the MDF coaster...... setting it slightly 'squew- wiff'' to add interest!
I also covered the edges with paper making sure everything was stuck down really well.  

As for finishing off...... I am going to coat it with either glossy accents or some sort of PVA/ varnish mixture. I want to be able to use it and have the papers protected at the same time.   My glossy accents have gone very 'yellowy' where I have had the bottle so long and therefore didn't want to spoil this by covering it in that.

xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Trudie these are awesome! I really love those hexagon dies...they make great backgrounds! :)

    ReplyDelete