Thursday 11 October 2012

Simply B Stamps, 13 days of Halloween Challenge 4

So are you ready for another challenge?

Day 4 of our 13 days of Halloween challenges is here and this time its ...

MAKE IT GLOW


I used the digital image Winnie from Wickidz available in the shop.  I thought she was perfect for this challenge.  I have used two different techniques to add glow to my shadow box.


The first was basic colouring using my copics.... I started using a pale yellow around the flame of the candles and worked in a light grey.  I used flicking strokes to help create the illusion of flickering candles and graded the colour from light to dark.


The second technique ...... ok not a technique at all but its great all the same!!
My lovely friend Sheri in America sent me some fabulous Glow in the dark paint in a squeezey bottle!
I am so in love with this stuff!!!!

It doesn't photograph to well but you get the idea!!
I used it to highlight the liquid in Winnie's potion bottles, smoke puffs and the drips on the drippy goo border (a pressie from the gorgeous Erin!).
I also part filled a Tim Holtz alterations glass vial with it as I love the depth of glow it gives.



Hope you like and this has given you some ideas for your Glowing projects!
Check out our challenge blog for other DT creations and to enter yours......

xxxx






3 comments: