Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentines day from Make it Crafty


IMG_2789

So how many of you are feeling all loved up and romantic?  I certainly am after getting to play with the new chipboard Carriage that is coming soon to the store.  It is so easy to put together and looks great!  I have used cosmic shimmer acrylic glue as it sticks EVERYTHING, dries quickly and completely clear.   Once dry I painted it all with white gesso to give it a clean base and then painted with red pearl cosmic shimmer paint.  Unfortunately getting that to photograph well is impossible but I can assure you it twinkles lovely!!  The burgundy  decorative swirls have been painted using my favourite nail polish.  This was an idea from my fellow team mate and it works like a dream,  it gives a lovely sheen and twinkle.
IMG_2794IMG_2790

I used http://www.makeitcrafty.com/girl-with-glass-slipper-digi-stamp.html and http://www.makeitcrafty.com/prince-charming-digi-stamp.html to bring this to life.  I think this carriage is just like the one Cinderella would've had.  
IMG_2783 IMG_2784

There was a lot of fussy cutting done with these characters and I then mounted them onto acetate stands so they can be moved around and played with.  My next job is to do the same with the rest of the fairytale characters and make a playset up with them all.  I will be the best Auntie in the world then!!  
Products and colours used.
Chipboard Carriage  (coming soon)
White Gesso, Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue, red pearl Cosmic shimmer paint, Burgundy nail Polish and Burgundy felt 
BV00, BV02, BV04, E50,E51,E53,E13,Y11,YR31, E31,E43
E25,E79,E31,E50,E51,E53,E13,R27,R29,R35,,R46,Y08,Y17,Y38,C4,C7,C9,B24,B26,B28,B29

1 comment: